Pages

"Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me"

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Tell the truth

"The only honest people in the world are small children and drunk people."

I would also like to add those with Autism. It is one of the things I like most about individuals on the spectrum. They tell the truth. Lying is a pet peeve of mine. I've heard some tall tales over the years. Like when my son made up some story about signing the OOPS pad at school so he wouldn't have to go the next day to accept his punishment on the no fun fence at recess. Or when he cut his hair and blamed it on fake scissors. Now Emily on the other hand never makes up such stories. She is just not capable. She ate her brothers special snack one day while he wasn't looking and caused great strife with him. He asked her if she ate it and she said matter of fact, "Yes". She just always "tells the truth". Which ironically is one of her favorite Eric Clapton songs. Mine too.

However, knowing that she is honest, I still sometimes second guess her. Like yesterday when I went into the bedroom downstairs and was nearly knocked out by a smell so fierce it made my eyes water. I asked her if she pooped and she said no. She will at times attempt to clean herself up so I thought maybe she had gone into the bathroom, where the smell was even more pungent, and pooped. I even asked her if she was telling the truth. We went to dinner and she said her tummy hurt the entire time. We got home and she had the loudest, smelliest gas that no 10 year old girl should ever have. She did poop a short while later. It was at that point that I realized she was telling the truth earlier.

So it can be said that the only honest people in the world are small children, drunk people and those with autism.

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://somewhereoverthespectrum-jessica.blogspot.com