Pages

"Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me"

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Autism April

Today is the end of autism awareness month. I have enjoyed sharing some of the funny stories about Emily. I am so appreciative of the support that I receive daily though you all reading my blog and commenting. Every day is an autism awareness day for me. I am constantly learning new methods in dealing with behaviors. I am constantly educating others about Emily. Raising a special needs child is sometimes lonely and scary. The future looms over my head and as much as I want to know exactly what it holds for her, I don't. I know that there is much planning I have to do in the next few years to prepare her for a life once she is out of school. She will always be with me and for that I am grateful. She is such a bright light even on the darkest of days. The humor I find in the things she does is second to none. I truly wish that everyone could see her as I do.

Thanks for reading, sharing laughs and getting to know my Emily!

~Jessica~

1 comment:

  1. Reading your blog this month was MY PLEASURE, Jessica. And I have loved getting to know Emily better. I admire you tremendously. You are a great mom and a great person, too! Hugs from Colorado!
    barbara

    ReplyDelete

http://somewhereoverthespectrum-jessica.blogspot.com