Pages

"Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me"

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

I'm sexy and I know it

Those who are closest to me know that those words would never be spoken by me. My struggles with low self esteem prevent thoughts like that. However those 6 words play through my mind like a broken record every day. For hours. Here's why...

Car rides create severe anxiety for Emily. Music is one of only a handful of things that soothes her. She has a wide variety of songs on her iPad that she uses in the car. The one song she plays is "I'm sexy and I know it". But not the whole song, just backing it up to replay those 6 words. Over and over. One hour in the morning and one hour in the afternoon. Every day. Sometimes if she's feeling bored with it, she will somehow speed it up to sound like Alvin and the Chipmunks. All while I'm driving with my eye twitching from this noise. Now if she only played this then it might not be so bad but...that's just background music for her. She likes listening to the car radio as well. She is quite bossy from the third row. "Turn it up. Turn it down. Change it. Go back." She will have me flip until I find a song that she likes. If that's not enough to add a head jerk along with the eye twitching, she also likes to ask me questions. Constant questions that leave no room in my head for anything else. Yet the only thing my mind can focus on is those 6 horrendous words that NO 39 year old mother of 3 feels after 2 hours of the above...

"I'm sexy and I know it".

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, anyone who looks so much like Sandra Bullock IS sexy and for sure should know it. Emily has great taste in music! I am glad that it can help with tense moments...I can just picture this scenario in my mind. You in front, eyes twitching and Emily in back listening and talking at the same time!! :>) Great visual!


    ReplyDelete

http://somewhereoverthespectrum-jessica.blogspot.com