Pages

"Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me"

Friday, April 12, 2013

Partment Books

Like many individuals on the autism spectrum, Emily has some unique interests and obsessions. I allow her to indulge in most as they are innocent and entertaining to her. I do believe that there is something to be gained when I allow her to follow her interests.

For the past 7 years she has had a fascination/obsession with guide books. All types. Travel, local resource guides and her favorite...apartment guides. She calls them "partment books". These are the books that are found at grocery stores or convenience stores. For the past 7 years every trip to the store resulted in her picking up an apartment guide. This could be as often as 2-3 times a week. It didn't matter if she already had 10 at home or even one in the car. She needed another one. I would have to clean out her room every few months just to make room for more.

So if you are in the market for an apartment in my area don't hesitate to
ask Emily which one she recommends. She is knowledge on the ones that have the best amenities including the most important...the pool.

1 comment:

http://somewhereoverthespectrum-jessica.blogspot.com