Pages

"Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me"

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Sharley Temples

A few years ago Emily got the entire Shirley Temple collection on DVD. Much to my delight she loved them. She calls her Sharley Temples. In the past several months when watching them she feels the need to change clothes many times, which I don't mind because she needs to learn how to dress independently. However, she can't put the clothes away and throws them on the closet floor when she is done. Talk about a mess. She likes wearing dresses and bathing suits most to pretend she is "Sharley" although they never match. For some reason she also likes to mark her body up with the expo markers we keep in her room for therapy.

I don't know what goes through her mind when she watches her beloved Sharley Temples, but I can say for sure that she is learning a valuable lesson by dressing herself and for that I can't get upset about the mess she makes in her closet. As for the marker all over her body I have to think about that one. I can't think of a more suitable show for Emily to watch than Shirley Temple.

1 comment:

  1. Wouldn't it be fascinating to be able to read her mind just once? I love the designs she made with the markers. Thanks for this post! I learn more about Emily each time and more about you as well! Good job, Jessica!!

    ReplyDelete

http://somewhereoverthespectrum-jessica.blogspot.com