Pages

"Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me"

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Honey! Son!

I have a habit of calling the girls "Honey" quite a bit and Luke gets called "Son". It's usually when I'm slightly annoyed with a behavior or am trying to get a point across without completely losing my cool. Emily has taken up use of those two words as well. Nearly every sentence she says to herself starts with Honey. For example she might say aloud, "Honey. Honey. You can't eat another piece of cake." Or she might say "Honey, it's ok. Don't ask another question." She also only refers to Luke as "Son" now. "Son don't get all of that out" is something she might say if he were playing in her room.

I think they are endearing terms for her to use and don't think twice about it. Luke doesn't seem to mind that she calls him Son. As a matter of fact he tends to listen to what she says when she does call him that. Like when she recently told him, "Son, I don't feel good. Can you get me a blanket?" and he took care of her. Don't tell me my girl is not smart using my words for her benefit.

1 comment:

  1. So so sweet:) my daddy used to call me sister & there were 3 girls. I think he called all of us sister but my brother was son:)

    ReplyDelete

http://somewhereoverthespectrum-jessica.blogspot.com