Pages

"Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me"

Thursday, April 4, 2013

I'd like to thank my fan

No really I'd like to thank the portable space heater that nearly burned the house down before Christmas, but Emily calls it a fan. I plug it up on cold mornings to keep the kids toasty while they get ready for school. I can hear Emily talking to herself as she comes downstairs, "Good morning. Oooohhhh there's the fan". She says the same thing every morning before she plops down in front of it. I'm not so sure she likes it for the warmth as much as for the relaxing light and sound. I put the beloved "fan" away when temperatures reached the 70's recently. The morning she came downstairs to no fan was not pretty. There was crying, hitting, refusal to go to school and I was frazzled before 7 am. The "fan" is now a permanent fixture in the living room. It might be 90 degrees but I will have it turned on daily for her relaxation before school and to prevent meltdowns of epic proportions. I'd like to thank my "fan" for that little break.

If I'm really lucky I might get to thank my "fan" for losing a few pounds while I'm running around every morning trying to get 3 kids ready for school sweating profusely from the heat of that little magic maker.

Thanks for reading~
Jessica

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh ! Abigail is right in front of fireplace ALL the time.....Jess guess I will have to consider ours as 'permanent' as well ! Comfort....always a good thing !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you're always able to put yourselves in her shoes. You're a good mom. Enjoy your iced coffee near your sauna tomorrow morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the best, Jessica, to understand and be able to adapt like that for Emily's good! Nice job!! Keep that "fan" going!

    ReplyDelete

http://somewhereoverthespectrum-jessica.blogspot.com