Pages

"Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me"

Monday, April 22, 2013

Don't eat upstairs. It will cause rats.

I'm terrified of mice and rats. After an incident with a stalker mouse last summer, I have since banned any and all food from being eaten upstairs. My oldest however, being a teenager, lives in her room and I am constantly finding food hidden everywhere. I say aloud every time I find a leftover pop tart in the window sill or cracker crumbs on the floor after I've vacuumed, "Don't eat upstairs. It will cause rats." Emily has picked up the phrase and uses it often.

Tonight I caught Anna Grace with a sleeve of ritz crackers in her room and gave her the speech. Emily was in her own room and had obviously heard me. As I walked in her room she was under the bed saying aloud, "Don't eat upstairs. It will cause rats." As she came out from under the bed she had one of her sensory chewies in her mouth. I appreciate her willingness to obey my rules even if she does try to copy her older sister by using objects that can't be eaten but go in the mouth. I gave her props for making that association but reaffirmed my rule of "Don't eat upstairs. It will cause rats".

2 comments:

  1. Amazing ....the way Emily processes messages and translates them into something suited to her! She listens and learns from you, Jessica! I keep saying it but it bears repeating...YOU'RE A GREAT MOM! (to all the kids).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. An amazing mom you are:)

    ReplyDelete

http://somewhereoverthespectrum-jessica.blogspot.com