Pages

"Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me"

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Sisterly love

My girls are a little less than two years and nine months apart. I always dreamed of girls. I didn't want any stinky boys. I just knew my girls would be the best of friends growing up like my sister and I. Boy was I wrong. From day one the jealousy of Emily's older sister was evident. I thought it was a phase that would pass. As they got older I realized that my dream was nothing more than that. A dream. I chalked it up to Emily's autism for a long time and then just accepted the fact that had Emily been typical, their personalities would not have matched and I would have been looking at many years of sibling rivalry anyway. However both are fiercely protective of one another.

It is usually Anna Grace that gets annoyed with Emily. For many reasons that I am sure would annoy most people. Emily thinks Anna Grace hung the moon but tells her frequently she has pimples. Emily does not get jealous much as that's a hard concept for her to grasp. However...when Anna Grace asked me to take her picture in front of the Mariachi Men at a Mexican restaurant, Emily was quite annoyed. Looks like this rarely happen and I was
glad to capture the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://somewhereoverthespectrum-jessica.blogspot.com