Pages

"Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me"

Monday, April 8, 2013

PoPcOrN

We are a popcorn loving family. My oldest eats at least one bag a day and doesn't share. Long ago I made the mistake of sharing a bowl of popcorn with Emily. She is a nasty eater. There is no other word to describe it except nasty. After I piled a handful of popcorn in my mouth I knew it was bad. Real bad. The popcorn was wet. I at first thought she spilled her drink in the bowl. Until I left the room and saw her putting the popcorn in her mouth and spitting it back out. Nasty!! Since then nobody shares with Emily.

Every afternoon she gets a snack. She chooses 1lb bags of puff corn from the gas station. Sometimes she gets cheese flavored and sometimes just butter. But always puff corn. After a ball game in the fall I took her to Walmart where she found a 2 lb bag of popcorn. I tried to talk her out of it because I knew that all 2 lbs of it would be hers. No sharing. She wouldn't hear of it. I don't know what it is about the corn that makes her want the biggest bags she can find and I don't know what makes her spit it out. But if you ever think of sharing popcorn with Emily, don't.

1 comment:

  1. Yummmmmmmy.... Emily is super smart and has u all fooled lol she gets all the popcorn to herself after spitting some back out... Or even all ( another way she stays so skinny) its like when u have something everyone's wants some of and u lick it all over so they don't wanna share with u anymore... I have a friend that puts a note on all her food/lunch that reads " steal at ur own risk cus I licked this/back washed/ made it without washing my hands" cus people would use up all her coffee creamer or eat her lunch lol

    ReplyDelete

http://somewhereoverthespectrum-jessica.blogspot.com