Pages

"Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me"

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

April Showers

April showers bring May flowers is the saying but I am here to tell you what springtime rain does to Emily. Water is a sensory need for Emily. She loves the water and it calms her. If I had the money we would live near water for her benefit. Ok maybe mine too. For now though we are forced to take showers and baths in the tub to satisfy those sensory needs.

Warmer temps and rain make Emily think beach and swimming pools. She doesn't understand that we are no where near either, so she is forced to improvise. She used to just strip naked and run out the door if it were raining and she wanted to get wet. Screaming and yelling if I told her no. That's when I introduced bath and shower "pools". As she has gotten older and watched hundreds of videos on kiddie pools she has learned to pretend there is a pool in our house. On a recent rainy Sunday she could be found in her bathing suit sliding down the stairs on a float(pillow) into the pool(floor). This went on for almost an hour and I just let her have her fun splashing and swimming about.

"And I wonder still I wonder who'll stop the rain"

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://somewhereoverthespectrum-jessica.blogspot.com