Pages

"Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me"

Monday, April 1, 2013

Splish Splash

I'm just going to say it. The Easter Bunny is a bi$ch. Every year she puts the same thing in Emily's Easter basket knowing it will cause her to have many meltdowns that day. The Easter Bunny is also very practical and frugal though, and likes to give things that will last longer than a chocolate bunny or a basket full of junk. Several years ago she started putting bathing suits in the baskets. It's been chaos and crying every Easter since.

This Easter was no exception. The wide-eyed surprise of finding the bathing suit brought squeals of joy that would make any bunny proud. However the joy was fleeting as the association between bathing suit and swimming crossed her mind. I could see it like a movie scene. The smile. The glance at the bathing suit. The look outside the window. I knew it was coming although she never said a word. After three intense rounds of crying throughout the day I finally succumbed to the stress and did what I knew would make her happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://somewhereoverthespectrum-jessica.blogspot.com