Pages

"Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me"

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Chuck E Cheese-Where a kid can be a kid

Emily has had an obsession with Chuck E Cheese for years. She has had at least 4 of her 10 birthday parties there. Her fascination with the characters can go from anxious to loving. She doesn't really understand the more advanced games and prefers to spend her time in the toddler area. She also likes the pizza.

As the years have gone by her anxiety over some of the rides in the toddler area has decreased. I never thought I would see the day she would willingly get up on that mechanical horse. It took her several years before she independently did it without having a complete panic attack. Mind you she always wanted to ride it, she was just scared. She would ask to get on and then flail like I was trying to torture her if I attempted to help her on. Her favorite activity at Chuck E Cheese though is the Kiddie Coaster. It is like a real roller coaster with a simulated screen in front. She loves it and people know she loves it. At 10 years old she is almost to big to fit in the kiddie coaster. My question to Chuck E Cheese would be...At what age can a kid not be a kid anymore? Because it will be a sad day when she can no longer fit in her coaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://somewhereoverthespectrum-jessica.blogspot.com