Pages

"Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me"

Monday, April 15, 2013

Buckle up and enjoy the ride

Emily accomplished a longtime goal today. Many years and tears on the daily crazy train and she finally learned to buckle her seat belt all by herself. She was as surprised as I was and so proud of herself. We had just come from McDonalds where she exclaimed,
"I can get big French fries now?" Of course I gave her mine instead of the 4 fries that come in happy meals now.

It honestly could not have come at a better time. Just this morning Anna Grace was buckling her up in the backseat for me, when Emily started flailing around and Anna Grace hit her hard in the nose and made her cry. Maybe that was the straw that broke the camels back. Anna Grace usually helps to buckle her in the mornings but it isn't her favorite thing to do.

For those who don't know car rides are a nightmare for us. I am the parent who stands behind her words, "Don't make me stop this car." I've had to break up many a beatdown in the backseat between the girls. Hair and fists flying I am surprised no one has called the cops. So while this post isn't really funny, I can avoid the drama that ensues nearly every day and I can save my ever old and creaking knees when I have to climb in the backseat myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://somewhereoverthespectrum-jessica.blogspot.com