Pages

"Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me"

Friday, April 19, 2013

Rock me mama like a wagon wheel

While eating at our local Mexican restaurant, I made the connection to the song Wagon Wheel when I saw Emily obsessing about the wagon wheels that are a prominent fixture throughout. I don't know why she doesn't like the wagon wheels that are a staple in Hacienda. Maybe it's the spokes. Maybe it's that they hang from the ceiling. Maybe she just doesn't like wagon wheels. I don't know. It also made me think of all the bumpy roads we've been down and maybe that's why she doesn't like wagon wheels. Thinking of the lyrics made me think of all the nights I spent rocking her to sleep. Or not to sleep. She loved to be rocked but as soon as I stopped her little eyes would pop right open. Come to think of it I'm sure she would not want me to rock her like a wagon wheel. She just wants her mama close.

The next time we eat at Hacienda however I will start singing Wagon Wheel to her in hopes that she won't tell me 100 times that those darn wagon wheels scare her. Or maybe I could ask the owners to change their decor. Or we could find another restaurant.

2 comments:

  1. Gosh they do look like they're going to fall on your head! My daddy used to have a job selling those darn things. I hated them, too, & thought they were so ugly. During those days, Johnny & I built our first house & he just insisted that we put them in our house. And we did just so we wouldn't hurt his feelings:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a neat story! I kinda like wagon wheels : )

      Delete

http://somewhereoverthespectrum-jessica.blogspot.com