Pages

"Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me"

Sunday, April 20, 2014

True Colors-Tan

         He is not here. He has Risen

Tan is the color of the doughnuts I use every year to share the true meaning of Easter with my kids. I didn't get any pictures today which is a first. We had a wonderful Easter and I loved seeing their smiles and screams of joy. I also ate too much. Maybe I'll stop the doughnut tradition next year. Maybe next year the Bunny will also cut back on the amount of sugar in the baskets. WHEW these kids were on fire this afternoon. I was glad the water guns that were left provided a much needed outlet. It was a beautiful and blessed day. 

Tan is also the last name of the "Joy Luck Club" author Amy Tan. A best selling book about mothers and daughters. A favorite of mine. As parents of kids on the spectrum we do belong to a club of sorts. There is also much joy in our hearts and minds, although it seems at times we are as empty as Jesus' tomb. Because of Him I have the courage and the strength and the forgiveness I need to raise child somewhere over the spectrum. 

" So this is what I will do. I will gather together my past and look. I will see a thing that has already happened. the pain that cut my spirit loose. I will hold that pain in my hand until it becomes hard and shiny, more clear. And then my fierceness can come back, my golden side, my black side. I will use this sharp pain to penetrate my daughter's tough skin and cut her tiger spirit loose. She will fight me, because this is the nature of two tigers. But I will win and giver her my spirit, because this is the way a mother loves her daughter." -Joy Luck Club

I hope you all had a blessed Easter!
Thanks for reading~
Jessica 

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://somewhereoverthespectrum-jessica.blogspot.com