Pages

"Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me"

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

True colors-Brown

     "Don't it make my brown eyes blue"

I could go lots of places with the color brown but considering half of my blog is poop posts I'll skip it this time. I have brown eyes. Emily has blue. I have had several people compliment Emily recently on her social interaction. In particular her eye contact. Many people have seen my afternoon "car conversations" with Emily. I started that as a way to pass the hour every afternoon in the car as well as work on her recalling events from her day. I would use my phone to record our conversations. After a few months she began to tell me she didn't want me to record her. She still had a hard time making eye contact with my phone. I decided to turn the steering wheel over to her and see what happened. 

I have several friends that Emily sends video messages to. They in turn send her messages back. I flip the video to where she can see herself as she's talking. I believe that this is has been a huge stepping stone in her ability to engage in conversations a little longer and hold her gaze for a second at least. The only trouble she has is understanding the other person isn't actually in the phone so she can get immediate conversational turn taking out of it. Everyone should have FaceTime! 

Thanks for reading~
Jessica 

5 comments:

  1. another great idea! how old are your kids?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna Grace is 11, Emily is 11 and Luke is 7

      Delete
  2. how many month apart are AG and Emily if they are both 11?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well people think they are twins but typo AG is 14!

      Delete
    2. Emily is also 2 inches taller and 10 lbs heavier!

      Delete

http://somewhereoverthespectrum-jessica.blogspot.com