Pages

"Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me"

Thursday, April 10, 2014

True Colors-Gold

      Ready for the standing long jump 

Today was the annual Special Olympics for Shelby County. I believe there were over 30 schools with athletes in attendance. This is Emily's 3rd year participating in our local Special Olympics, competing in the 50m dash and standing long jump. I am always moved to tears watching these athletes compete. The smiles, the laughs and the look of determination on their faces is something I wish everyone could experience. The motto of Special Olympics is "Let me win, but if I cannot win, let me be brave in the attempt". While they don't give out gold medals. these athletes shine brighter than any precious medal. They are all winners. 
            Emily's friend Cameron     competing in the adapted bike race. 

Thanks for reading~
Jessica 


1 comment:

http://somewhereoverthespectrum-jessica.blogspot.com