Pages

"Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me"

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

True Colors-Orange

Orange. The color of beautiful sunsets, pumpkins and cheese balls. Large containers of cheese balls that leave little fingers with a thick coating of the orange stuff. I don't know why Emily chooses to eat these in the car when there are far less messy options. I think she knows I pick my battles and just making it through the two hours I spend in there with her every day is my goal. 
Acceptance. Knowing what keeps her happy even if it means a mess. Knowing it's not the end of the world if my car is disgusting, even if I am fairly certain things are growing in the back seat. 

Acceptance. Knowing that at the end of every day the sun will set. Often a beautiful shade of orange and that I will wake up to more orange throughout my day on the ceiling of my car where my beautiful girl wipes her cheese ball fingers. 

Acceptance. Asking others to overlook the nastiness when they ride with you and understand that sometimes being cheesy is easy. 

Thanks for reading~
Jessica 

2 comments:

  1. I remember when you posted that picture awhile back and I thought how smart you were to let her do that and not stress because it justified the end. I am always amazed at your creativity in what be chaos to make things alright...you are THE MOM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "in what COULD be chaos"---sometimes my fingers don't go as fast as my mind and words just disappear...

    ReplyDelete

http://somewhereoverthespectrum-jessica.blogspot.com