Pages

"Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me"

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

True Colors-Blue


Today is World Autism Awareness Day. A day recognized 7 years ago to spread awareness about autism. Blue is the color associated with this day. There are many organizations that fundraise and hold campaigns to bring more awareness towards autism, which the CDC now says, affects 1 out of 68 individuals. 

I lit my house up for the third year in a row. I didn't get a picture tonight but this is the beacon shining bright from last year. Can't miss us.

Emily also wore blue today. However, I failed to get a picture before bath time so I was left to get a picture of her swinging
from her bar in her blue t shirt.

Blue is the color associated with this day, and I participate, but I do believe that autism is a complex diagnosis not contained to one color. It's a spectrum disorder which highlights many unique and interesting characteristics.

Thanks for reading~
Jessica 

 

1 comment:

  1. love that picture ----and your blue house! great job, Jessica

    ReplyDelete

http://somewhereoverthespectrum-jessica.blogspot.com