Pages

"Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me"

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Growing up

I guess it is inevitable...my kids are growing up! Anna Grace is in her room 90% of the time she is home, retreating from the rest of us. Content to come out just for food and then right back in there! She is thoroughly enjoying the new found freedom of having her own room. She deserved it. I have a rule, that all doors remain open. Since school has started back, there have been times when I have allowed her to go to her room to read or study quietly and close the door. Our house is very open and noises carry which make it difficult to concentrate.

Emily has anxiety about doors being closed. She doesn't like the separation. Hence the reason I NEVER use the bathroom in peace! The other day, she was being very quiet. Anna Grace was in her room with the door closed studying. I went upstairs and down the hall and found the door to Emily's room closed! It freaked me out a little. It was suspiciously quiet in there so I quietly opened the door and found this
She was doing her homework like her big sister! GROWING UP! Emily's birthday is this Saturday, and she will be 9. It doesn't seem possible that she is almost 9 years old. In many ways, she will always be young. I have always said that is one of the many blessings of having a child with special needs. They just don't seem to age as fast as typical kids. I get to enjoy the child like mannerisms a lot longer!

Luke is 4 and has surpassed Emily in several skills. They have always been the closest of my three children. I have said many times, that it is because they were on the same developmental level. I wonder as Luke grows up and continues to surpass Emily, if their relationship will change.

Growing up is inevitable, but it makes me sad in so many ways.

Thanks for reading!
Jessica

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

http://somewhereoverthespectrum-jessica.blogspot.com