Pages

"Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me"

Monday, August 15, 2011

Don't worry...

I am a natural born worrier. As I have gotten older, the things that worried me long ago, now seem so silly. I mean, I seriously use to worry about what I would wear on a date or to a public function. If anyone has seen me in recent years, those worries are LONG gone. I have had to let go of so much worry in recent years and put my faith in a higher power and know that HIS will would be done. Easier said than done at times, but my heart knows this to be true.

We have been to Worship Service at our church nearly every Sunday since they started the special needs ministry in April. Yesterday was Back to School Sunday and the goal was to get 500 people in Sunday School. We decided to try Sunday School since the kids would be moving up to new classes. Perfect time to start. Of course I was a little apprehensive about Emily going into a regular class.  She has not been in a "regular" class in a few years. There were 19 little girls in the class. One was a friend from her Kindergarten Class at her old "regular" school. Emily is a girly girl and longs to be social. Unfortunately most kids she is placed with at school due to her exceptionality and behavior, are boys. It's always her and "her boys" as I call them. She did AMAZING in the Sunday School class with those girls though. Ironically their lesson was about....Worrying! Those who know Emily, knows she is constantly worried about what's next, where are we going, etc. She gets it honestly I guess. So yesterday when they were talking about things they should not worry about, she tells her teacher, that she is "Not going to worry about High School Musical". Now she wasn't really worried about the movie or characters, but whether or not she was going to get to watch the movie when we got home from church. I thought that was a GREAT revelation for her to have!

I hope that one day she will have the ability to look back this time and say, "I seriously was worried about High School Musical." I know that her worries will increase as she matures, but I pray that she will learn to face her fears and earn her badge of Courage just as the Lion did in the Wizard of Oz.

~Jessica~

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://somewhereoverthespectrum-jessica.blogspot.com