Pages

"Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me"

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Racers, start your engines...

Emily's birthday is coming up September 3rd. Chuck E Cheese has been the winner two years in a row, and I was prepared to book another party. However, she has mentioned several different places recently. Build A Bear, Tree Top Family Adventure, The fair. We have been to Tree Top several times, but she absolutely refuses to get on the go carts. They are just too loud for her. She talks about riding them ALL the time and has been obsessed with them lately.  She even figured out how to get go-cart videos pulled up on youtube.

iJump has indoor go-carts that are electric instead of gas and aren't as loud. I called them the other day and asked if it was ok if I brought her up there before I signed up for a party to see if she would actually get on one. They are single rider carts, so she would have to drive it herself. I had her ABA therapist take her this afternoon and guess what? She was reluctant at first, but she got on and drove around the track! She won't win any races at the speed she was going, but YIPPEE!

PS...And she is officially out of storage space on her itouch now!

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://somewhereoverthespectrum-jessica.blogspot.com