Pages

"Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me"

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Emily Elizabeth Lawson

Nine years ago today, the girl who would forever change my life was born. My water broke a little before midnight on Labor Day. Emily would be the only one of my 3 children, that I would get to experience the "pains" associated with labor! Ironic. Not wanting to wake a sleeping 2 yr old, Scott or the Doctor I cleaned! The contractions were really not bad. Around 5 am I took a shower and called my mom(who is my resident expert on babies since she had four and then raised many more: ). We got to the hospital a little before 9 am and Emily was born by cesaerean section a little before noon. Her shining glory was short-lived though as her father tried to upstage her entrance into the world. After they took Emily next door to clean her up, and were stitching me up, someone stuck their head in the OR and said the dad had just passed out. Most of the attending nurses ran out of the room, leaving me with the two doctors who were admiring my stomach muscles(from the inside)? According to the video that was running, Emily was also left alone while everyone ran out to check on Scott, who did not pass out, but dislocated his shoulder!

I could write a book about the past 9 years of her life, but I think I will wait a few more years. I know her story will have a happy ending!

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://somewhereoverthespectrum-jessica.blogspot.com