Pages

"Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me"

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Courageous versus Complacent

The sermon at church a few weeks ago was based on a series about being courageous. This particular sermon talked about courageous versus complacent. It really struck a chord with me. I join the millions of other individuals who have become complacent in everyday life. Walking down the road that is familiar and safe because I lack courage to make a change. Accepting my life and those obstacles that appear without doing much to change them. Complacent, because I am scared of making mistakes or dissapointing others.

This sermon was after I decided to help the Buddies for Autistic Kids campaign, which was a huge jump out of my comfort zone. It took more courage than I thought I had. I have come to a point in my life where I feel the need to make a difference in the world(or just my own little part in the play).
"All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts," (William Shakespeare)

Becoming courageous is something that I will continue to strive towards. Making changes within myself to overcome complacency. I have a cross-stitched Serenity Prayer that hung in my grandmothers house. I always think of her when I hear the word Courage.
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.


I hope you will make a change.
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://somewhereoverthespectrum-jessica.blogspot.com