Pages

"Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me"

Friday, May 11, 2012

Tilly's Petting Farm

Tilly's Petting Farm

Thanks to Software Smoothie for introducing me to this app!

Tilly's Petting Farm is developed by JufJannie Apps. They are based in Holland and have several apps in Dutch. Tilly's Petting Farm is available in the United States.

This app has 4 different scenes and two different modes of play. You can touch the pictures to hear the names of the objects/animals or you can answer questions by touching the appropriate image. The voice does have an accent which was at times difficult for my children to understand. However, when in the question mode of play, the questions are spoken slowly and are extremely reinforcing for kids. If an incorrect answer is chosen, you are reminded to "listen carefully" and "pay attention". You are given 5 chances to answer correctly before a new question is asked. After 3 tries a subtle hint is given. The animations in this app are engaging and the colors are vibrant.

This app is extremely beneficial for Emily(age 9, ASD), as she has trouble following verbal instructions. The repetitive questions are helpful in giving her ample time to correctly choose an answer if she is unsure, without causing anxiety. I particularly like the reinforcing phrases. It kept my 5 year old neurotypical son entertained for quite a while.






This app is a great price at $1.99 and has tons of playing life as the questions are randomized.
 http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tillys-petting-farm-ipad-version/id438238434?mt=8



1 comment:

  1. Hi! I would really, really love to win Tilly's Petting Farm for use in my autism classroom! It has been on my wish list!! I think it looks very engaging for my kids!! Thankyou for this opportunity and generous giveaway. I will go say hello at JufJannie Apps. Helen

    ReplyDelete

http://somewhereoverthespectrum-jessica.blogspot.com