Pages

"Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me"

Monday, December 31, 2012

A Rose in Winter

A Rose in Winter

As the year comes to a close I have found myself reflecting on the past.  While reflections often bring about feelings of nostalgia or joy for me, they rarely bring about a feeling of sadness.  However, I let myself fall into the trap of looking at life through something other than rose colored glasses.  I usually try to find the beauty or humor in every situation, yet I have been unable to do so in recent days.  Today, looking out my kitchen window, I saw one rose in bloom.  Just one single red rose on my three bushes.  It was as if God was redirecting me.  I saw it as a symbol, a reminder, for the way I want to live my life EVERYDAY.  A red rose on a cold and dark day when we are overcome with the challenges life throws our way. 

My New Year's wish for us all is that we find the beauty within ourselves and in every aspect of our lives.  That we stop to smell the roses when we get the chance and that we Praise God from whom all blessings flow.
 
 
 
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
 
Thanks for reading~
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://somewhereoverthespectrum-jessica.blogspot.com