Pages

"Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me"

Sunday, November 4, 2012

3-8-1 Candles Review

A while back a facebook friend asked me to write a review for a candle.  She was willing to gift me this candle in exchange for a review.  This was not just ANY candle mind you, it contained a piece of jewelry inside.  I had some reservations about it, as I am a Scentsy Consultant(wick less scented wax), and haven't bought an actual candle in over a year.  However, as the parent of 3 children, I do love the rare indulgence of a candle lit bubble bath.  Unfortunately since I had not bought a candle in quite a while I had been forced to use those candles you get at the Dollar Tree that are merely for decorative purposes to relax in the tub. 
 
When Lori Dean gifted me the candle, I got to choose any scent from the collection.  There were over 30 scents to choose from and while I was really wanting the Banana Nut Bread, I opted for something more relaxing for my bath time. Cucumber Mint.  I received the candle a few weeks later in the mail.  The packaging was simple, but the candle was well protected.  This was a 22 oz candle in a square jar.  It was HEAVY!  Upon opening it, I was immediately impressed with the overall look and design.  There were two wicks and a bit of glitter on the top.  The design of the label on the jar was very elegant.  I also received a sample of the pumpkin souffle scent tart which was an added bonus.
22oz Jar Candle $30.99


I immediately lit the candle like a kid at Christmas.  Forget bath time, I was eager to smell the cucumber mint right then.  In no time at all, my house was smelling lovely.  I burned the candle for a few hours a day over the course of the next few weeks.  One of the first things I noticed was how even the candle burned.  This was not a cheap candle where you had to dig the wick out of the wax to light it up.  After each burning session the wax leveled out and looked brand new, minus a few inches of wax. 

In all of my excitement and enjoyment over my new candle, I actually forgot there was a piece of jewelry inside the candle that was valued anywhere from $39.99- $1000!  As the candle burned lower and lower, I became increasingly skeptical of any jewelry being in there.  First off, I had no idea how it would survive the heat.  I also saw no evidence of a box or anything inside underneath the wax.  My kids were also growing more impatient with every passing day.  Note to self, never tell your kids there is a surprise inside ANYTHING.  Then we saw it!  It was a little ball of aluminum foil.  So that's how it survives the heat.  I eagerly got a spoon out while the candle was still burning and lifted the foil out.  When the wax hardened, I unwrapped the foil to find the prettiest ring.  Black spinel and diamonds set in .925 sterling silver with a value of $160!!
 
3-8-1 Candles offer a variety scents for their products.  Currently there are 22 oz jar candles that include jewelry, 14 oz jar candles that include jewelry, 14 oz jar candles without jewelry and Jewelry Tarts. There are also some combine and save options as well as gift certificates available.  You can follow 3-8-1 Candles on Facebook or visit their website 3-8-1 Candles.
 
 
  With Christmas upon us, please keep 3-8-1 Candles in mind for your gift giving.  A portion of sales from 3-8-1 Candles goes to support Lyme Disease Awareness. I highly recommend 3-8-1 Candles!
 
Thanks for reading~
Jessica


 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful review of the 381 Candles Jessica! I am so happy that you truly enjoyed the candle as well as the pretty inside; we have all grown to love the 381 Candles so much that we hardly burn anything else. I do hope that you get a chance to try that Banana Nut Bread soon .. people rave over it .. I love the Pink Sugar its my favorite. Did you know that Nicki now has candles for the little princesses in your life? So adorable! Thanks again for doing the review for 381, it couldn't have been a better description, and certainly by a sweeter lady!

    ~~Lori Dean~~

    ReplyDelete

http://somewhereoverthespectrum-jessica.blogspot.com